[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ignacio Verona" <iverona at estudio dash verona dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  m0n0wall + DSL router
 Date:  Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:25:24 +0100
Hi!

I've just started testing my network configuration, using a PC running mono
and a DSL router (I've two of these: linksys ag241 and 3Com 812). I mention
my two routers because I think that only the 3Com does support the bridging
mode.

Which is the best way of configuring the network? To avoid double nat I
think that I should put the DSL router on "bridge" mode and then make the
mono box authenticate using PPPoA, that's correct?  Otherwise, which would
be the best setup? I'm trying monowall because I need a really good QoS for
my VoIP lines, and neither Linksys nor 3Com routers do provide that
features.

Thanks in advance,
Ignacio.