[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Korves <tkml at cluster dash worxx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall + DSL router
 Date:  Wed, 17 Jan 2007 9:21:42 +0100
Hi,

> Which is the best way of configuring the network? To avoid double nat I
> think that I should put the DSL router on "bridge" mode and then make the
> mono box authenticate using PPPoA, that's correct?  Otherwise, which would
> be the best setup? I'm trying monowall because I need a really good QoS
> for
> my VoIP lines, and neither Linksys nor 3Com routers do provide that
> features.

I think you're idea with the bridging mode is very good... Double NAT may influence your VOIP stuff
in a way, you don't want it to be influenced... ;) So, if there's a possibility, put the 3Com thing
in bridging mode and use it as some kind of PPPoA modem and let m0n0wall manage the authentication
process.

Tim