[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Alavoine <chris dot alavoine at imagination dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall vrs. pfSense
 Date:  Wed, 17 Jan 2007 11:15:59 +0000
I ran some captive portal monowall v. pfsense tests a few months back.

I came to the conclusion that pfsense has a few more problems than
monowall. The most obvious of these was the lag in displaying the
captive portal page. On monowall it was pretty much as you'd expect
(maybe a couple of seconds) whereas on pfsense it could take between 10
and 15 seconds. Never really got to the bottom of why this was occurring
but it wasn't my setup as other people had encountered the same issue.

I've been running a monowall captive portal setup for about a month now
(just upgraded to 1.3x) without a hitch.

Cheers,

c:)

Donovan R. Palmer wrote:
> I don't think a side by side comparison comparison exists. I am new to
> m0n0wall and it seems that PFSense is a bit more feature rich and bigger
> as a result. m0n0wall is more lean and is better suited to embedded
> installations.  The documentation to PFSense is not as developed as
> m0n0wall's either.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "ATM Logic" <atmlogic at kmts dot ca>

  Imagination Ltd
  25 Store Street South Crescent, London WC1E 7BL, England
  Tel +44 (0)20 7323 3300  Fax +44 (0)20 7323 5801

  This email contains privileged and confidential information, and is
  intended only for the addressee. If you are not the named addressee
  you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email.  Please
  notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this
  email by mistake and please delete it from your system.