[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "ATM Logic" <atmlogic at kmts dot ca>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Using m0n0wall internal users or RADIUS
 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:15:55 -0600
I am very new to m0n0wall, and have a quick question...  I want to us it to
broadcast over a large area 3-5km (I have a tower, and high-power outdoor
radio) but really only to a small # of users.

In this area I will have about 7-8 Users year round, and maybe 12-20 in the
summer.  The actual # of folks in the broadcast area would be maybe 50 year
round and 150 in the summer...

I have a RADIUS box that comes straight out of TAIWAN, that I purchased a
year or so ago, and hardly understand it, my question is... am I safer to
use that with m0n0wall, or can I get away with the internal user list?  The
uses that will have access to the system will sign up for a year at a time,
and perhaps the "summer" users will sign up for a 3month block of time.

Any thoughts?