[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brad D." <Support at TheDempsNetwork dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IPSec Pass-Through
 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:48:50 -0500
Thanks for your input Neil. I do have "allow fragmented packets" on my allow
rule for my LAN internface. The interface has 3 rules:

Deny * to LAN1
Deny * to LAN2
Allow LAN3 to * (fragmented packets allowed)

And yet, I AM able to connect to my VPN but cannot pass certain types of
traffic, specifically those that Windows uses for authentication. I can ping
a client inside my work network but cannot open my Exchange e-mail via
Outlook.

So I don't think this is a "VPN passthrough" issue anymore. Because SOME but
not ALL traffic gets by. Something in the firewall is stripping out certain
packets and not others. The "fragmented packets" rule being enabled sounds
like the perfect answer, yet I still can't pass certain types of traffic
over the VPN.

On a similar note, in the past I had my wireless access point connected to
LAN2 on its own subnet and my domain controller connected to LAN1 on a
different subnet. LAN2 was granted full access to LAN1. Wired clients on
LAN2 were able to talk to the domain controller on LAN1 on all protocols.
Wireless clients on LAN2, however, could not access LAN1 using Windows
protocols used for authentication. The only thing different is that the
packets were formed differently because they are coming over a wireless
access point.

Anyone else ever do something similar?