[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bjoern Euler <lists at edain dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Beta 1.3b2 released
 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:12:39 +0100
On 24.12.2006 11:52 Bjoern Euler wrote:
> On 23.12.2006 21:03 Manuel Kasper wrote:
>> m0n0wall beta version 1.3b2 is now available
> Now this really is a christmas gift: many thanks for the update!
>
>> and fixes a few problems
>> with 1.3b1, namely:
>>
>> - MSS clamping (PPPoE client)
> This enables me to put the beta on my wrap box behind the DSL line. In
> the next weeks I'll have an eye on the traffic shaper that should help
> my IP phone to get enough bandwith. If there is any change compared to
> 1.23b1 my girlfriend will notice it ;)

I have been running 1.3b2 on my Wrap since release and have no major
problems so far.

Some experiences:
-Disabling traffic shaper shows the following warning in the log
kernel: IP firewall unloaded
kernel: Warning: memory type dummynet leaked memory on destroy (6
allocations, 1536 bytes leaked).

-media and mediapot (hidden option) don't seem to affect anything. I
suggest it's some syntax change that came with FreeBSD 6? I looked up
the supported options with ifconfig -m on the wrap and pasted it like that:
		<wan>
			<if>sis1</if>
			<mtu>1442</mtu>
			<media>10baseT/UTP</media>
			<mediaopt>half-duplex</mediaopt>
			<spoofmac/>
			<blockpriv/>
			<ipaddr>pppoe</ipaddr>
		</wan>
But the status.php still shows 'media: Ethernet autoselect
(10baseT/UTP)'. Maybe I misunderstand sth here?

-sth I noted: ports are shown as resolved/with names in filter (ipfstat
-nio), this were port numbers in 1.2x series if I recall right

-From some subjective perspective: I feel a notable delay when surfing
compared to 1.23b1

Looking forward to any further releases of m0n0wall!

Regards