[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Janvrin" <chrisjanvrin at sellmytimesharenow dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Could someone please recommend a good network monitoring package compatible with m0n0?
 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2007 14:20:39 -0500
As always, thanks for looking!

The company I work for is growing rapidly, and like any growing company we
are beginning to face challenges as new personnel are added to our network.
At the moment we beginning to have a rough time with new personnel abusing
our bandwidth. Consequently, I need some sort of network reporting package
that will allow me to track what sites are being visited by individual
network clients.

Will WallWatcher give me this functionality? I have attempted to experiment
with the reporting features but for some reason the reporting module crashes
on the PC it's running on. In fairness to WallWatcher this instability is
no-doubt due to the obsolete hardware I'm trying to run it on, not a fault
of the software itself.

If WallWatcher won't give me the functionality I'm looking for could someone
please help to point me in the right direction? Google searches have given
me results like zenoss for example, but the nix version of zenoss was quite
a challenge to install and configure, at least for a non Linux guru like me.

Any expertise or insight would be greatly appreciated. If it helps, we are
currently running m0n0 v1.22 on two Soekris net4801-50s with lan1641
expansion cards and vpn1411 accelerators. We now have just over 90 client
PCs now in a mixed Win2k and XP pro environment, as well as several servers.

Chris Janvrin

4:00 AM