[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Steve Young" <sdy at CBORD dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Advanced "inbound" NAT
 Date:  Thu, 18 Jan 2007 19:14:27 -0500
I am trying to determine if I can configure M0n0Wall to masquerade
inbound packets to the LAN IP address. In my particular case, the reason
is that the M0n0wall is NOT the default gateway for the internal server
I created the inbound NAT rule for.

I have tried a couple of 'obvious' tricks by manually editing the XML
configuration file to no avail:

- adding a <target>192.168.168.2<target/> to the inbound NAT rule
- creating an advanced outbound rule substituting: "lan" for the
interface field and the proper IP address for target as well as source
and destination.

I haven't had much luck Googling this particular topic, but I truly
don't consider this an "exotic" configuration.

Since I am in the process of being "dumped" by someone, I'll probably
have lots of time to hack at this, but I was hoping someone could either
point me in the right direction or let me know that I'm way off base and
that what I am trying to do doesn't make sense.

Thanks for your consideration,

Steve