[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Goboxe PH" <goboxe at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Question on PPTP and IPSec
 Date:  Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:16:57 +0800
Hi,

I am very new to m0n0wall and appreciate if anyone could help me.

I have the following requirements for my company.

1. To connect our 3 offices using VPN. Now, all offices have broadband line.

2. Staff will connect to one VPN server (may be at HQ), but should be
able to access network resources in the HQ and branches offices.

3. To be able to log all user transactions e.g. which servers they are
accessing, what services they are using, etc.

My questions:

a) RE. 2 above: What is the VPN configuration recommendation for the setup.

  Is using IPSec for inter-office VPN & using PPTP for users authentication
  to VPN is a good choice?

b) RE. 3 above: How detail is the m0n0wall log file for VPN both IPSec and PPTP?
  Can I trace what users are doing once connected to VPN?
  If possible, I would like to see the followings:
    - which servers they are accessing
    - what services they are using, may be by port number
    - how long they have login
    - from which IP they are connecting

Thanks in advance.

Goboxe.