[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "'Nate Osborne'" <nosborne at purchasingpower dot com>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Using Captive Portal offline?
 Date:  Fri, 19 Jan 2007 01:54:42 -0500
Do u want all alocal users to be forwarded to fake google site that is
hosted on your LAn or to real google? You cant forward them to real goolgle
if u don't have internet connection.

As to IPs CP will block the traffic if u put iy on the port in another word
if ur web server is on Subnet A and ur user in subnet B and the CP is
between A and B  you would get splash screen with or without DNS, sure if
you don't have wan access and user types in google.com and it cnnnot be
resolvd that what you would get => 404. at this time of the night when my
brain is ofline the only solution that I can think is PROXy or second mono
box that will kill all login comedting like user A connects to mono box B
and ten is requested service is no on subnet B then it goes to subnet C
where is no possible authrntication can occure (say parking page that
instead of login will show something like "welcome to our corp net, we so
cheap company that we didn't buy inet connection :-P "