[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neutral Man" <neutralman at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: m0n0wall QOS - p2p vs. games/VoIP
 Date:  Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:32:03 +0100
I have created custom rule that put port range 1024-65535 to p2p queue
unfortunately, when I use Skype, Skype also get to low priority :(

I think layer7 filter would be good for m0n0wall project, but torrent can
encrypt payload so even layer7 filter has no use in that case :(

we would need one more thing, shaping by amount of transferred bandwidth (if
you have SSL session with 25MB+ then we could get it to low priority, it is
not common that you transfer 25MB+ with your e-bank service :))

we need at least two traffic shaping methods combined together to achieve
what you need/want!