[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe Pine <joe at pineshome dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Using Captive Portal offline?
 Date:  Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:09:03 -0600
I may be over simplifying this but....

Could you just set mono up _WITH_ internet access, but firewall
everything but DNS on the WAN? That way DNS would really resolve
using a live server, then captive portal would grab them and they
would visit your internal server. Once the CP grabs them, they could
not surf anywhere else because port 80 (and all other ports except 53
(that is dns right?)) would be blocked by the firewall.

Just a noobs crazy idea.

-Joe