[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  eric at np3a dot com
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] WAN Gateway Missing, can't ping beyond m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:28:19 -0500
On 1/21/07, Eric M. Guzman <eric at np3a dot com> wrote:

> I just installed m0n0wall for the first time. Im having some
> troubles...I gave up.
>
> I can't ping beyond m0n0wall. I have followed handbooks troubleshooting
> flowchart on section 19.5. I can ping LAN IP and WAN IP. However I have
> been unable to ping the WAN gateway.

Sounds like you're using different hardware?  (different NIC's at a
minimum it seems, since you're pulling a different IP from DHCP)  With
a cable connection, it's likely that either your ISP isn't allowing
the new system online (generally they only allow one PC per connection
unless you pay for multiple public IP's), or some cable modems won't
let out a new MAC address.

Probably the easiest thing to do is spoof your old WAN MAC on m0n0wall
by putting it into the WAN page.

-Chris