[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Lasse_=D6sterberg?= <lasse at blirp dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Bug or Feature request.....
 Date:  Sun, 1 Feb 2004 23:49:42 +0100
Hi,

First, Thanks for the greatest firewall software available!!!

Then on to my Bug or Feature request.....
When adding the "high" port range (1024-65535) to a firewall rule it would
be nice to have it available in the dropdown list as "High ports".
If you type in the range 1024-65535 as source ports and apply the changes
the rule doesn't get added to ipf and you don't get a error message that
says that the rule parser failed, still the rule looks OK in the webgui.
This because ipf don't like ports higher than 65535 and when you type
65535 in the webgui the parser tries to build a rule with port < 65536
witch doesn't work. This is easy to get past as I can type 65534 as the
upper source port. (Now that I know this...)
It would also be nice if there where some kind of validation of the ports
field or even the rule set, because I can type 99999 as a port nr and click
save, apply changes and don't get any kind of indications that I've done
something wrong.

If I did know how to correct this or add the "features", I should. But I'm
only a network admin and not a programmer.

TIA

 - Lasse