[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Marten <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  Michael Mee <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 Cc:  mono <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SSID broadcasting, FreeBSD and PRISM
 Date:  01 Feb 2004 23:53:12 +0100
On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 09:42, Michael Mee wrote:
> > I attempted a port of the wireless "Enhanced SSID security patch" from
> > http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/enh-sec-patch/
> > - which allows disabling SSID broadcasting - to FreeBSD 4.9.
>

> Is there anything in that code code (or similar) that allows for changing
> the output power for a prism device?

there are also other ways to this ( filter, cables, pigtails etc. etc)

We're going to be using m0n0wall to
> build out a community wireless system

You might want to try Wireless Leiden's Nodefactory,
it work in progress but not finished :)
Here are more than 36 node up and running.

don't expect a webgui here

http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/factory/

some english doc's are here:
http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/ops/papers/