[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  GooDieZ <comanche at volja dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Hardware limitations - throughput
 Date:  Mon, 2 Feb 2004 08:05:12 +0100
Hi!

I have a general question if someone has expirience with PC instalation and
it's limitations.
The thing is... ...it's a upcoming event in end of April for about 250-350
contestants, and i have concerns about througput and monowall's handling this
much traffic. If someone has expirience with monowall in large networks, plz
reply.

I intend to use a P4 or AMD 2.6Ghz+ machine with 3 Intel PRO nic's, 80GB+ HDD
and 512-1024MB of RAM.[hardware seems to be no problem :)]
Internet connection will be around 8-24Mbit and I intend to close all outbound
traffic from LAN exept for 4 ports which i need for servers and clients to
authenticate over internet.
Only services i will use are DHCP for one subnet, DNS forwarder and Firewall.
Net addresses (proably 192.168.10.0 and 192.168.20.0) and static WAN

If case noone tested this great product on such a large network ill be posting
a link after the event with graphs from mrtg (monowall + servers) and
analisys from syslog on remote machine...

Regards
Gregor ?tiher
drustvo-omnium.si
jupisports.net