[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Any know issue with the DNS-forwarder? Minimum Hardware requirements?
 Date:  Mon, 2 Feb 2004 10:58:05 +0100

this weekend I set up a monowall with using dns-forwarder (my other monowalls have a seperate
DNS-Server). At first sight it seemed, that it doesn´t get DNS assigned by the pppoe-connection
properly but my provider assigns them for sure. After placing the two DNS of the provider in the
general settings table and unchecking the "override" option it seemed to work, but sometimes DNS is
very slow and some adresses are never resolved (for example
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/vnc-tight/tightvnc-1.3dev3-setup.exe?download). When I setup the
DNS on the clients to use the DNS of my provider directly everything is working fine.
Does anyone know what´s going on here?

By the way, what are the minimum hardware requirements? This Monowall uses the latest CD-ROM build
and consists of a Pentium 133 MMX, 128 MB SDRAM and 3 PCI NICs, 2 of them bridged. Is 133 MHz too

Holger Bauer

Virus checked by G DATA AntiVirusKit