[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Floppy config.xml file
 Date:  Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:52:55 +1000
Hi All,

I have just noticed an inconsistency with the CD-based and HDD-based
m0n0wall installations.

With the CD-based installation, the config file is written to floppy in
the \CONF\CONFIG.CML however, when the backup is made from a HDD image,
the default is \CONFIG.XML.

I was wondering why the CD-based image reads the config file from a
subdirectory on the floppy, not from the root?

This kind of makes running a HDD version, then having a backup CD-ROM
based version rather difficult for non-technical customers.  Same goes
when moving back to the HDD version.

Just wondering why this was done, and if it is likely to be corrected
soon.

--

Regards,

Hilton Travis                   Email: Hilton at QuarkAV dot com
         Quark Computers        Phone: +61-(0)419-792-394
(Brisbane, Australia)            http://www.QuarkAV.com/

				http://www.mamboband.org/