[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Michael Mee" <mm2001 at pobox dot com>
 To:  "Manuel Kasper" <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SSID broadcasting, FreeBSD and PRISM
 Date:  Sun, 1 Feb 2004 00:42:26 -0800
> I attempted a port of the wireless "Enhanced SSID security patch" from
> http://wleiden.webweaving.org:8080/svn/node-config/other/enh-sec-patch/
> - which allows disabling SSID broadcasting - to FreeBSD 4.9.

Is there anything in that code code (or similar) that allows for changing
the output power for a prism device?  We're going to be using m0n0wall to
build out a community wireless system and for some of our relay links we'd
like to turn down the power a lot. (HostAP on Linux allows this but we'd
rather not go there.)

I asked on the freebsd questions mail list but was politely ignored, twice,
:-(.

thanks! michael