[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Marten" <wleiden at xs4all dot nl>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Additional feature for wireless
 Date:  Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:54:30 +0100 (CET)
Some tools are available at http://ap-utils.polesye.net/ and I
> use these from the other side of the wireless connection. However,
> recently
> I seem to loose connectivity to the AP, cant ping it or anything, but the
> m0n0wall side can see it fine.

Is there still radio signal on the other side?
(netstumbler / wicontrol /dstumlber) and wat is the noise level?

some times it helps  (timebeing/debugging) to reset the card.
go from:
- ap to client mode, or
- promisc mode and back ( tcpdump :) )

> It's pretty strange and has only been happening over the last couple of
> days. After a reboot of the AP the connection is fine for an hr or so,
> then
> it dies.

sound like wrong firmware do you use 1.1.1 1.5.6 ?

Marten