[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Melvin Backus <mbackus at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Remote Desktop failures
 Date:  Sun, 01 Feb 2004 09:57:20 -0500
Hello all,

I'm in the process of trying to switch over from my current fw to run m0n0
instead.  During my testing I've run into a problem with remote
access.  I'm trying to connect through my office VPN to an XP machine using
the Remote Desktop functionality.  Works great going through my RH machine,
but when I switch of to the m0n0 box it isn't happy.  I get the VPN
connected, and I can find the machine, but it never gets the point of
asking for a login.  I get an error that the connection has been
broken.  Any ideas on what might be missing?  I've found nothing special in
my fw rules on the RH box to allow this to happen, and the VPN stuff is
strictly pass through, not using the one in m0n0.

Thanks,

Melvin

Good, Fast, Cheap... Pick any two