[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 To:  "Hilton at QuarkAV dot com" <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>, "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Soekris Boards
 Date:  Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:03:10 -0700
At 02:45 PM 2/5/2004, Hilton Travis wrote:
>Interesting - I understood that the VPN cards weren't actually supported
>by m0n0wall.  If they are, then this would be great.

The FreeBSD crypto library will use the encryption hardware if it is found
during the bootstrap probe; otherwise it uses software.

So, any program linked against the crypto libraries (OpenSSL, Racoon, etc.)
will all use the card if it is installed.

There have been some testimonials on this list showing something like a ten
fold improvement in throughput (depending on packet sizes and other variables).

          -crl
   Eldorado Computing, Inc.   602-604-3100
      5353 North 16th Street, Suite 400
        Phoenix, Arizona   85016-3228