[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Falcor <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 To:  Pavel Hegr <pavel dot hegr at cedecka dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Command and Conquer - Zero Hour
 Date:  Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:45:03 -0600
C&C is a Peer-peer game.  NAT's design works flawlessly for Peer-Server
games, so to allow peer-peer you need to do a little trick called port
forwarding.

Simply forward the port you are using on your C&C server (you can set
this up when telling the computer that is hosting the game what port to
us.) from the firewall to the internal machine acting as the C&C server.

E.g.
allow TCP 8888 from any to 192.168.1.155

This is done the same way you would forward HTML (TCP Port 80) traffic
to an internal web server so people hitting your NAT address from the
outside could then load your HTML.

-F