[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 2007 18:30:12 -0500
Hi ppl!

I decided that out users do toooooo much illegal downloading (at least that
what I think, ppl cant just download 4.8Gb each day, and that # seams to be
equal to the size of 1 DVD)

So I'm looking for the way to block traffic from most known P2P clients. I
think this is possible by blocking their ports, but a) I don't know all the
ports b) ppl can change their port #s. So is there any easy way to deal with
it? Maybe through traffic shaper set some how max speed to 1kbps? Also can
we do some blocking per user base?

Appreciate your suggestions!