[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "C. Andrew Zook" <andrewzook at pdqlocks dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:38:53 -0500
Here is something I posted last week when talking about monitoring - it
will work in your situation as well. It will even allow you to block by
file type!

_____________

I prefer to use the combo of tinyproxy/dansguardian/srg

Tinyproxy is the proxy server
Dansguardian filters internet content
srg produces web based reports

It gives a really nice/basic web based text only report that will show
you all of the sites that your users have surfed, and will arrange the
users by total bandwidth/ip address. Dansguardian has the added benefit
of running everything through Clamav to offer some virus protection.

All three are Debian/Ubuntu packages.

Set Tinyproxy to only accept connections from localhost
Point Dansguardian to the localhost Tinyproxy port
Set dansguardian to use a Squid format log file
Point srg to the /var/log/dansguardian/access.log
Block all internet access but Proxy server with M0n0wall
Either set web browsers to use proxy, or set up automatic browser
configuration

Andy