[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Austin Montford" <AMontfor at gwm dot sc dot edu>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 Subject:  Re: Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:33:39 -0500
If your normal rules don't work and you believe they are doing p2p, you
can try adding them manually to the dhcp server and create a rule for
them so they go to the p2p pipe. For instance if your normal dhcp range
is 10-247 and 248-254 reserved for static mappings.  Just create a rule
that x.x.x.248/29 goes to the p2p pipe.   Sadly this relies on a user
not noticing what you did, but probably most people wouldn't.  Just an

>>> "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net> 1/25/2007 6:30 PM
Hi ppl!

I decided that out users do toooooo much illegal downloading (at least
what I think, ppl cant just download 4.8Gb each day, and that # seams
to be
equal to the size of 1 DVD)

So I'm looking for the way to block traffic from most known P2P
clients. I
think this is possible by blocking their ports, but a) I don't know all
ports b) ppl can change their port #s. So is there any easy way to deal
it? Maybe through traffic shaper set some how max speed to 1kbps? Also
we do some blocking per user base?

Appreciate your suggestions!