[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Austin Montford" <AMontfor at gwm dot sc dot edu>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 Subject:  Re: Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:33:39 -0500
If your normal rules don't work and you believe they are doing p2p, you
can try adding them manually to the dhcp server and create a rule for
them so they go to the p2p pipe. For instance if your normal dhcp range
is 10-247 and 248-254 reserved for static mappings.  Just create a rule
that x.x.x.248/29 goes to the p2p pipe.   Sadly this relies on a user
not noticing what you did, but probably most people wouldn't.  Just an
idea.

>>> "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net> 1/25/2007 6:30 PM

Hi ppl!

I decided that out users do toooooo much illegal downloading (at least
that
what I think, ppl cant just download 4.8Gb each day, and that # seams
to be
equal to the size of 1 DVD)

So I'm looking for the way to block traffic from most known P2P
clients. I
think this is possible by blocking their ports, but a) I don't know all
the
ports b) ppl can change their port #s. So is there any easy way to deal
with
it? Maybe through traffic shaper set some how max speed to 1kbps? Also
can
we do some blocking per user base?

Appreciate your suggestions!