[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Bagnall" <m0n0wall at minotaur dot cc>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:45:43 -0000
> Trying to
> block something because you think it might be illegal is just opening
> a big can of worms - some of that stuff will be legal and for the
> illegal stuff its a constantly changing game.

This is an interesting and very important point. There are quite a few legal
things being distributed via BitTorrent these days, for example.

I think the best you're going to manage without massive time/money
investments in deep packet analysis is, as others have suggested, increase
priority on known "allowed" traffic, and reduce P2P bandwidth to a very low
(but still usable if nothing else is using the bandwidth) level.

Regards,

Chris