[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Adam Armstrong" <lists at memetic dot org>
 To:  "'Alex M'" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 2007 23:39:56 -0000
If only there was an easy way to stop peer to peer traffic...!

You can block well known ports, but that won't stop new applications, or
applications which use random ports.

The most successful methods generally involve classifying the packets at
layer 7 and either dropping or shaping them based on that information.

It's certainly not possible using m0n0wall.

What you can do is create a small pipe and direct all unknown traffic to it,
and another larger pipe and direct all known traffic to it
(http/pop3/smtp/etc)

The built in traffic shaper already builds rules which match all of the
applications you're likely to want to track.

Adam.