[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Joe Lagreca" <lagreca at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Cannot ping hosts across PPTP vpn reliably
 Date:  Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:38:25 -0800
I am having a very strange problem.  I have setup m0n0wall PPTP VPN's
at multiple locations with no problems.  At this one particular
location, if I uncheck "use default gateway on remote network" (in the
windows PPTP vpn config), I am not able to reliably ping hosts on the
network.  They will typically time out.

However I can ping .1 (the m0n0wall LAN IP) and .224 the PPTP gateway.
 If I use the ping function within the m0n0wall GUI, and am able to
ping the hosts.  If I switch my VPN settings to use the default
gateway, I am able to ping the hosts.

Has anyone run into this?  Would it have something to do with Proxy
ARP?  I do have multiple IP's assigned in Server NAT.  But I am
VPN'ing to the WAN IP, and am not using the other IP's I have
assigned, yet.

Thanks!

Joe