[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Taylor <harry at zyne dot co dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Hardware suggestion
 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:45:29 +0000
I've deployed WRAPs running m0n0 in a variety of places, including
hotels, offices and various homes. I also have one sitting in front of
some webservers as a filtering bridge. The performance is excellent in
all cases and, for the money, I think the WRAP hardware is incredible. I
have not had a failure yet.

Unless you have some very high requirements from your firewall, I think
the WRAP boards are a fine choice. For larger installations, I
personally would use a full PC platform with a fast processor etc.

Hope that helps :)

Chris Taylor