[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sai <sonicsai at gmail dot com>
 To:  Michael <zlinda1002 at cox dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: sai -->NNTP Traffic shaping rules
 Date:  Sun, 28 Jan 2007 06:35:32 +0500
I think you have the direction pointing the wrong way in both (if the
nntp client is inthe LAN and the nntp server is in the WAN/internet
cloud somewhere). Try putting in ANY as direction.

If you think of browsing web pages.... your outgoing packet that
requests the page will have destination port 80, and the packet that
comes back with the pge (ie incoming) will have source port 80.

I would imagine that nntp would work the same way.

sai