[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  shatrujeet kapur <shatrujeetkapur at yahoo dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Initial installation problem
 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:02:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi, I am a beginner and have just started to install m0n0wall using standard PC (CD-ROM version),
but I am facing problems. I downloaded the cdrom-1.22.iso file and burnt it onto a CD-R, changed the
boot sequence but the computer doesn't boot up correctly. I tried two different CD burning softwares
- CDBurnerXP Pro3 and UltraISO and with each one of them, I tried both the options - burning
bootable as well as non-bootable CD. With bootable CD, the pc does boot up but gives a DOS Prompt. I
guess the image already has boot files in it, so a non-bootable CD should work. But that is not
happening. (My BIOS boot sequence was changed right with CD ROM as the 1st boot device)

Any suggestions/solutions? Pl don't mind my ignorance.

SK

Need Mail bonding?