[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Sven Brill <madde at gmx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  shatrujeet kapur <shatrujeetkapur at yahoo dot com>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Initial installation problem
 Date:  Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:42:29 -0500
shatrujeet kapur wrote:
> Hi, I am a beginner and have just started to install m0n0wall using standard PC (CD-ROM version),
but I am facing problems. I downloaded the cdrom-1.22.iso file and burnt it onto a CD-R, changed the
boot sequence but the computer doesn't boot up correctly. I tried two different CD burning softwares
- CDBurnerXP Pro3 and UltraISO and with each one of them, I tried both the options - burning
bootable as well as non-bootable CD. With bootable CD, the pc does boot up but gives a DOS Prompt. I
guess the image already has boot files in it, so a non-bootable CD should work. But that is not
happening. (My BIOS boot sequence was changed right with CD ROM as the 1st boot device)

> Any suggestions/solutions? Pl don't mind my ignorance.

first, check if you downloaded the complete image or if the download
stopped prematurely. Then, use any old burning software (I don't know
the ones you mention), and burn the image as an image, check the manual
for your software if you are not sure. do not compile a new CD, don't
play around with "bootable" or anything. look for an option like "burn
image" or "burn iso", I know in Nero the option is called "burn image",
but there are many little tools out there that do the job.

Sven