[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David W. Hess <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Inbound (downloaded) traffic is not being shaped at all
 Date:  Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:46:14 -0600
I am still using version 1.22 but as far as I know, the traffic shaping rules
only work on outgoing traffic on an interface so to shape incoming WAN traffic
the rule must be on the LAN or OPT interface.  If that is still the case, place
your incoming WAN rules on those interfaces using out at the direction.

As pointed out, incoming traffic shaping has limitations not present in outgoing
traffic shaping.  I have found it makes a measurable difference protecting VoIP
streams from continuous downloads.