[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Strange behavior makes network unstable
 Date:  Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:40:21 -0500
Ok I just had a problem that almost got me to heart attack. I never seen
such behavior and I do not know what caused it. So I just describe the
situation I had and how I solved it (well kinda solved) but again I do not
know why it happened.

So, I was regaining patch cables and was constantly unplugging power from
mono box running wrap. At some point I lost connection to Inet, thought that
an IP or DNS issue, so did all release renew, then no luck then I even
replaced all WRAP board  still have the same problem. Then I went and
figured out that mono doesn not register my client (laptop) in DHCP so
technically my lap got ip whom who knows what, it can communicate with mono
but no inet (well assuming now ARP tables where build) so I enabled my
second wireless adapter and it got registred w/ DHCP and all work fine.

Its probably not monos fault but I never seen such thing going on, I got so
frustrated.