[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Nathan Woerner <Nathan at Routek dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Rules setup to allow only email traffic
 Date:  Mon, 29 Jan 2007 07:16:06 -0600
I am working on a client's firewall. It is being used as a VPN only and
is blocking all other traffic. The client has asked me to setup email
service through the firewall to a Comcast.net email address. I have run
into some major difficulty with this because Comcast's SMTP server uses
several different IP address and I can't point to one that stays long
enough to connect. Does anyone know how to either only allow POP and
SMTP traffic through the firewall or how to point to a dynamic IP? It
would be a great help and make my client awfully pleased.

Thanks,
Nathan