[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Alex M" <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net>
 To:  "'Mark Ryan'" <markryan at cfl dot rr dot com>, "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Killing all P2P traffic? How?
 Date:  Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:42:05 -0500
Ok how can I limit speed?

Well I think my wish would be something like this: identify "crazy"
downloader's, send them letter saying that because we do not allow P2P
traffic on our net and because you abuse it too much we will lower you P2P
speeds, and you still want to use P2P then you can subscribe to P2P package
or something, in this way I would get $$$ for my lines overload + will
separate those who clearly could get in trouble with legal thingies.

Never the less I want completely remove eDonkey and KaZaA from my net
because those networks where marked as illegal in courts so I don't want any
of that traffic what so ever on my net. And I can try to contribute on
building something that would be able to recognize and kill packets from
appropriate protocol.

As to BitTorrent net that's I guess the only one that I can't touch because
it is now used by Amazon and UbiSoft to do legal movie and game sales.