[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Denis Witt <witt at cat06 dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Port redirect
 Date:  Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:50:04 +0100
Hi All,

i've searched the archive and found some rather old messages saying my
wish will not work, but maybe this changed until now.

This is what i want to do:

We got an webserver with an dyndns-ip. This system is running an
CRM-System that need a fix domain name as configuration entry to work
properbly. Some guys here use it at home and in the office so i set the
configuration entry to the dyndns adress and added a DNS forwarder rule
for the LAN to redirect the dyndns requests to the LAN-IP (dyndns-FQDN

Unfortenatly the mailserver that was running on this machine had to move
to another machine ( I've set up the Rules/NAT so that from
WAN side the new machine gets any POP3/IMAP and SMTP requests.
Unfortenatly from LAN this don't work because of the DNS forwarder. So
it would be nice to redirect the POP3/IMAP and SMTP ports from to the new machine.

If this is not possible with m0n0 maybe someone could help me out with
an iptable rule or something similiar that i could use on the machine (running Debian etch).

Thanks and bye for now!