[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Denis Witt <witt at cat06 dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Port redirect
 Date:  Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:50:04 +0100
Hi All,

i've searched the archive and found some rather old messages saying my
wish will not work, but maybe this changed until now.

This is what i want to do:

We got an webserver with an dyndns-ip. This system is running an
CRM-System that need a fix domain name as configuration entry to work
properbly. Some guys here use it at home and in the office so i set the
configuration entry to the dyndns adress and added a DNS forwarder rule
for the LAN to redirect the dyndns requests to the LAN-IP (dyndns-FQDN
=> 192.168.1.3).

Unfortenatly the mailserver that was running on this machine had to move
to another machine (192.168.1.2). I've set up the Rules/NAT so that from
WAN side the new machine gets any POP3/IMAP and SMTP requests.
Unfortenatly from LAN this don't work because of the DNS forwarder. So
it would be nice to redirect the POP3/IMAP and SMTP ports from
192.168.1.3 to the new 192.168.1.2 machine.

If this is not possible with m0n0 maybe someone could help me out with
an iptable rule or something similiar that i could use on the
192.168.1.3 machine (running Debian etch).

Thanks and bye for now!