[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lonnie Abelbeck <lists at lonnie dot abelbeck dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  OpenVPN server behind m0n0wall
 Date:  Wed, 31 Jan 2007 23:03:15 -0600
I have m0n0wall 1.22 on a net4801,  WAN, LAN, DMZ

I want to add OpenVPN for remote access, and I have a spare net4801
laying around.  What is the best way to turn a net4801 into only an
OpenVPN server?

Would it make sense to use Peter Allgeyer's net48xx-1.21-ovpn1.img
version of m0n0wall as the OpenVPN server? Or use embedded pfSense?
Others?

I plan to NAT forward port 1194 to the OpenVPN box and allow remote
users access to the outer m0n0's LAN, (in the same manner as PPTP).
What is the simplest routing setup for this scenario?

Any help is appreciated.

Lonnie