[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Energy X" <energyx at gmail dot com>
 To:  "David W. Hess" <dwhess at banishedsouls dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cable modem incoming pipe bandwidth
 Date:  Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:46:00 -0500
FWIW, Comcast has a technology called 'powerboost' which can give you an
initial speed cap increase at the start of a download, network permitting.
http://www.comcast.com/

With a connection like this, it would be hard to find the optimal download
pipe size unless you used the low end of the connection's capability.
Shaping would be a nightmare since there is no real 'set' pipe speed. My
cable ISP is consistently around 4Mbit so it was easy in my case.