[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mark Rinaudo <mrinaudo at sport dot rr dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] IPsec and routing question
 Date:  Fri, 02 Feb 2007 11:23:31 -0600
Max,

It sounds like the sonic wall will either allow you to do all LAN <-->
LAN or if you need to restrict it to a single host than it requires you
to do a LAN <--> WAN address and than do NAT from the WAN to your
private side allowing you to block/allow access to a particular host.
   So from your mono wall side you'll access the wan address instead of
the private addresses.  Sounds like the Sonicwall is severly limiting
you. If I were you i would just replace the sonicwall with another m0n0wall.

Mark