[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rolf Kutz <kutz at netcologne dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.22 or 1.3b2 for simple vpn/pptp?
 Date:  Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:55:16 +0100
* Quoting ae roy roy (ae dot roy at operamail dot com):

> I'm looking at using monowall as a pptp-server at my childrens school. Should I go for 1.22 or
1.3b2?

Hi ae roy roy,

this depends on your Hardware. 1.22 is more stable
than 1.3b2, but supports less Hardware. 1.22 has
less overhead (esp. on embedded HW). 1.3b2 might
support SMP. For production I would use 1.22 if I
can since it is much more stable and not such a
moving target. Personally I use 1.23b3 mostly
because it supports the watchdog on wrap
(although it never had to trigger so far).

Regards, Rolf