[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rolf Kutz <kutz at netcologne dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.22 or 1.3b2 for simple vpn/pptp?
 Date:  Sat, 3 Feb 2007 20:05:28 +0100
* Quoting Steve Thomas (sthomas at consultant dot com):

> >>1.22 is more stable than 1.3b2, but supports less Hardware. More stable
> in what way? The feedback I've been reading on the list is just the
> reverse.Some people have had random lockups under 1.22, but noweverything
> is fine on 1.3b2. ???

With 1.3bX on WRAP I had lockups after few hours
without load every time I tried. I also saw CPU
usage of an idle box of ~20%, while with 1.22 it
was between 0-1%. I only had very few lockups
under heavy p2p load on 1.22, but couldn't
reproduce it on 1.23b(2-3) (although I tried hard
to increase the load to trigger the watchdog).

- Rolf