[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Christopher M. Iarocci" <iarocci at eastendsc dot com>
 To:  Nick <sui underscore twc at adelaide dot on dot net>
 Cc:  Ardit Saliu <muhrem at mt dot net dot mk>, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to set static ip for wan interface
 Date:  Sun, 04 Feb 2007 09:15:03 -0500
Nick wrote:

>> Hi
>>
>> I'm using m0n0 with PPPoE (ADSL)
>>
>> How can I set a static ip on wan interface ??
>>

> have you been provided with your static IP? are you sure you are to
> use PPPoE?
> (if using PPPoE, your static IP could be assigned by your provider
> automatically)
What Nick is trying to say is, PPPoE and Static IPs do not normally go
together unless your ISP assigns the same IP each time you sign on.  In
that case, you have a DHCP assigned Static IP and don't need to specify
it.  Or, you have to specify it, and don't need to use PPPoE.  The 2nd
way is how Verizon DSL does it.

Chris