[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nick" <sui underscore twc at adelaide dot on dot net>
 To:  "Falcor" <falcor at netassassin dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] trouble hosting battlestations midway demo
 Date:  Mon, 5 Feb 2007 04:42:34 +1030
> You mentioned you use advanced outbound NAT.  Do you have a similar
> inbound NAT setup?  E.g. if you go out on one IP and in on another the
> headers won't match and the game won't realize the traffic is from the
> same source / destination.
> Also, MS does use a UPnP-like protocol... but as with all things MS, it is
> not proper RFC.

Hi Falcor,

I use advanced outbound NAT (to access my dsl modem). I'm not sure what you
mean regarding a similar inbound NAT setup, but I think the answer is no. I
ruled this out though, as mentioned in my original mailing, as I disabled
all that and used a stock configuration of m0n0 1.22, with those options
being disabled by default.

I should mention too, I'm not after a solution per se, just like to know the
reason, if it is indeed because of m0n0wall's SPI is doing its job, and the
software is really at fault (if anyone has a home-grade router with NAT,
UPnP, SPI, I'd love to hear from you!)

Cheers,
Nick.