[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Nick" <sui underscore twc at adelaide dot on dot net>
 To:  "Ardit Saliu" <muhrem at mt dot net dot mk>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to set static ip for wan interface
 Date:  Mon, 5 Feb 2007 04:57:41 +1030
> Hi
> i tried this with win2k3
> For example there u can fill the form under interface properties and
> Set ip address and then just make a broadband connection for pppoe
> And everything works fine
> I'm not looking to remove my pppoe because my isp doesn't allow that
> Just to add ip for that interface

But you see, with xDSL connected via PPPoE, a static IP would just be handed
out via the PPP server, i.e. you don't need to do anything (your DNS
servers, gateway etc. is all handled the same way). At least that is the
case with my provider.

So what happens if you setup PPPoE on m0n0wall.... and click connect? have
you tried that and check the Interfaces page? Are you sure your static IP
isn't assigned automatically?

Regards,
Nick.