[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wrap processor has been discontinued
 Date:  Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:09:39 -0500
On 2/4/07, kevin hawkins <firewallhelp at gmail dot com> wrote:
> What are the best alts.for the wrap board. The amd processor that they use
> has been discontenued.

err, it's not like you can't still buy WRAP's. I just bought 3 last
week. If the processor has indeed been discontinued I'm sure they'll
continue manufacturing them with an alternative.

The last 3 I bought did have a visibly different looking processor on
them, though it was still the same proc. I assumed it was probably
because of RoHS directive in the EU, I know the procs used to have
lead in them.

Jim Thompson at Netgate hangs around here and is who I buy my WRAP's
from, he probably knows more.  If he's watching this thread, maybe
he'll comment.

-Chris