[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Mono Wall list" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] wrap processor has been discontinued
 Date:  Sun, 4 Feb 2007 15:37:30 -0500
On 2/4/07, kevin hawkins <firewallhelp at gmail dot com> wrote:
> That is just what I had found out on friday from pc engines they said that
> it would be spring to early fall before they would have the new design out.
> I did not mean to make anyone mad. I was just woundering if there was an
> alter.

well you didn't "make anybody mad", or at least not me.  :)

I'm sure you'll likely be able to pick up as many as you need until
the new ones come out (maybe unless you're looking for huge
quantities). I know Netgate just got in a new shipment when I got mine
last week because the shipping of mine was delayed a bit until they
got their stock.

The Soekris 4801 is a very similar board that uses the same proc, so
that'll be affected by the same CPU discontinuation, but I'm sure
existing inventories will hold over for a while. Soekris also has a
new net5501 line that'll be out in March.

There are lots of alternatives for embedded hardware, but nothing at
the price point of a WRAP or 4801.

Even with the discontinued proc, with existing inventories that likely
exist I'm not really concerned about supply shortages, unless somebody
in the know (like a supplier like Netgate) comes out and says it's
likely.

-Chris