[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Rogers" <sithlordjr at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Trouble installing generic PC image to IDE HDD
 Date:  Mon, 5 Feb 2007 17:39:25 -0500
I am trying to install the Generic PC Image of the current stable release
according to the exact instructions provided on the monowall site.

System configuration:

P2 @ 233MHz
64MB Ram
4GB HDD (/dev/hda)

(2) D-Link 530tx+ Nics

I boot into Damn Small Linux CD as directed and download the generic PC
image

I run the following command:

gunzip -c /ramdisk/home/dsl/generic-pc-1.22.img | dd of=/dev/hda bs=16k

I get a response indicating the number of records written to the HDD and it
completes without error.

When I reboot the system, I get the message that says "Read Error".  The
machine just stays in that state indefinitely.

Does anyone know of a fix to the problem or have i done something wrong?

Thanks.