[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Korves <tkml at cluster dash worxx dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Possibility of Routing Net <> Net over PPTP
 Date:  Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:49:07 +0100
Hi there,

> PPTP can accomplish this type of connection, however, there are other
> much better protocols such as IPSEC.  In fact with IPSEC you don't even
> need to set any routes, they are all automatic.  It's a shame that the
> other end is limited to IPSEC.  If I were you I'd replace the other end.
>
> Maybe a DEV can chime in here, but is the PPTP implementation in m0n0
> even designed to do this, or just designed as a client/server setup?

afaik, m0n0wall only sees PPTP as a client to server setup... So, the
thing that I've done is something like a workaround...

The main problem is, that I'm not able to replace the other end, as it
is the property of a customer of mine... They like their Linksys WRT54
and don't want to invest money, to get a stable management tunnel to my
office...

Any ideas of how this can be fixed?

Regards,

Tim